Practical information for everyone
Some useful information about traveling on our transport network
At the stops
Stop locations are determined as much as possible by passenger needs. However, they also depend on road infrastructure and are subject to approval from the authorities. This is why some transfers can be very demanding.
To help you find your way between two points at the same stop, you will find connection maps and/or signage on the stop posts.
Layout of the stops (height of the sidewalks and platforms, bus shelters, garbage cans, pedometer strips for the visually impaired and blind, etc.) is handled by the municipalities, while the posts and distributors are installed and managed by tpg, subject to the necessary authorizations.
There are different kinds of information at the stops, depending on the frequency of use of the stop and the space available:
- on the post (or totem): name of the stop, line(s) serviced, and destination(s);
- timetables of the lines serving the stop;
- network map;
- connection map;
- upcoming departures in real time (electronic terminal);
- fare information on tickets and extracts from the conditions of transport (DRT-tpg) on the distributors.
For request stops, remember to wave to the driver as the bus approaches the stop!
Opening the doors
Opening and closing of the doors is automatic, but for your comfort and safety, some buttons allow you to avoid the automatic closing.
Red, blue and yellow buttons: use them correctly!
From the outside as well as the inside of the vehicle, the buttons can open the doors. However, this only happens when the driver has validated the stop, in order to avoid any risk of opening the doors outside the stops.
There is no need to press the button from the outside before the light comes on around the button (except for old trolleybuses)!
From inside the vehicles, the buttons also allow you to request the stop (essential for stops on demand).
Once the door is open (unlike the opening caused by the red buttons), closing is not automatic, but rather controlled by the driver, who will make sure that the door is clear before closing it again.
Citaro Bus Exterior Buttons
This type of button should not be operated with the finger, but instead with the whole hand simply placed on the light detectors.
The rights and obligations of passengers and the conditions under which they can use our tpg network are described in our regulations for transport of passengers, luggage, and animals on the network.
Cameras for the safety and security of everyone
In accordance with the provisions of the federal law on passenger transport, the ordinance on video surveillance in public transport, and other federal and cantonal regulations in force, the tpg has equipped all of its vehicles, its points of sale, and its sites (maintenance centers) with surveillance cameras.
The purpose of this monitoring is :
- to protect staff, travelers, customers, and visitors from aggression and incivility ;
- to ensure the security of valuables ;
- to prevent damage to the property of staff, travelers, customers, visitors and the company ;
- to allow for passenger identification in order to ensure the safety of the company's operations.
What to do in case of an incident?
In the event of a security breach, the traveler should ask the train crew to mark the images immediately after the incident.
If you are unable to contact the driver, please contact customer service.
In order to process your request as quickly as possible, please provide us with the following information:
- the date and time you entered the vehicle ;
- the place (stop where you got into the vehicle) ;
- the line number ;
- the direction of the vehicle ;
- the tpg vehicle number (or, failing that, the vehicle type or plate number) ;
- your physical description and clothing at the time of the incident ;
- the location where you were in the vehicle at the time.
The conditions for the use of video surveillance on board tpg vehicles as well as passenger rights are described in the regulatory provisions for the transport of passengers, luggage, and animals (DRT-tpg).